July 7, 2008

I didn't believe in destiny.....

Hola my fellow Americans.

Hope your Fourth was dandy. My dog thought it was.

Today's artist I heard about from a friend, but I heard another song of theirs on CSI:Miami.....naturally. I can't help it, the songs they use are always good.

So, who are they? I'd say it's Aqualung. Yeah, you might have heard of them. But they need to be in my spotlight regardless.

The main song I wanna look at is Something to Believe In. This is on their 2007 album, Memory Man.

This song has a Coldplay feel to it. Only it doesn't sound like all of Coldplay's songs. It's almost ethereal-like, but not too fantastic.

The mood of this song is a kind of sad with a little bit of hope mixed in. Which is why it fit so well on the show, being that it was the finale, and everyone has to look emotional then.

I can't even tell you what instruments he uses, but what I can pick out is the drums, a harsh electric guitar, and a bass. I think there's some synths and a harp or something in there.

So if you're feeling like you have a season finale in your life, this is a good song to listen to. I know most of the songs I feature are kinda slow and somber, but I'll try and pick it up.

Here's the website. They have a blog too. :) This makes me happy.

Totally available on iTunes as well. Better watch out though, one of my future spotlights won't be available there. What will we do? Cry.

Anyway, this song is a must-have. So go out and get it!!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love aqualung and csi Miami!!!